If you are ready to transform your business and maybe your life as well then read on! Recently I came across a brilliant free e-book on the web which I think is an absolute must read for all business owners out there. The e-book is aimed at ambitious business owners who are stuck and need help in figuring out how to get to the next level without having to photocopy themselves two or three times over to get there. The book explores how you can apply the 80:20 principle to transform your business from ugly ducking to golden goose.
The 80:20 Rule you will remember (I hope!) from your school days was developed by the Italian economist Pareto who observed that in his garden 80% of the peas were to be found in 20% of the pea-pods. The rule evolved from that simple observation and states that for many events, roughly 80% of the effects came from 20% of the causes. It is a common rule of business that 80% of your sales comes from 20% of your customers but where else can the principle be applied?
Do you face any of the following business problems?
- You don’t know what’s going on in your business, don’t know what to measure, or you’re overwhelmed by all those “stupid numbers.”
- You’re fed up with people whining and moaning around you, putting down your great ideas, or you feel you’re being held back in some way but can’t really identify why.
- You’re either not doing any marketing, or you’re spending too much with little results to show for it. Or you don’t know what’s worth spending on.
- You’re bogged down by work that’s not completely fulfilling or you feel uneasy in some way doing the work you do. Maybe you haven’t found your purpose yet, or suspect you might not be on the right path for fulfillment.
- You’re picking up clients who, quite frankly, are a bit of a pain in the rear to work with. They want the moon on a stick, then ask for a discount, and then pay late!
- You don’t have time to do everything you need to do in your business, or things you want to do in your life.
- You’re overwhelmed by problems in your business. Your to-do list gets longer every day. Or you have problems that seem to have no obvious solution.
- You’re overwhelmed keeping track of products, services, campaigns, customers… juggling too many balls, or spinning too many plates.
- You’re working hard and are pretty successful and comfortable, but you’re still not getting the kind of income you’d like to fulfil your dreams.
- You struggle to get your emails or letters read. People don’t respond to your quotes, invoices and other communications.
The e-book is written by Stuart Carter and can be downloaded for free at www.the8020blueprint.com and I recommend you do so and share the link with any business owner friends you may have.
If after reading the book you find that 80% of your difficulties lie in problems 1 and 9 (20% of the problems!) then you have just perfectly applied the 80:20 rule and we can help you. Our experts can help you to transform your business by dumping the “stupid numbers” and finding out what’s the difference that makes THE difference in your business and developing a business plan and real time financial dashboard around these smart metrics.
Further Information on how to transform your business:
Please contact Robert Kelly FCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01-5175211 if you would like to explore the benefits of implementing a “smart numbers” real time accounting solution. BusinessBuddy is a firm of Chartered Accountants in Sandyford, Dublin 18 specialising in cloud accounting solutions for SME’s.